We spend a third of our lives sleeping. Rest is a very important part of our daily routine which we can’t stay without. There are many different factors that contribute to a good nights sleep. You can’t sleep well if you’re stressed, cold or uncomfortable.
But before you look for best mattress for sale with all those types — spring, latex, memory foam and air mattresses being most common — get the best mattress for your quality sleep. If every day you wake up with a pain in your back, you need another mattress. Many people buy the same type of mattress they have used since they were kids because nobody would like to make the wrong choice and get stuck with something they don’t like.
There are different types of mattresses out there. This guide will help you decide and choose the best mattress for you.
These are the most used type because they last for a long time. It consists of coil springs throughout the area of the mattress. On top of the coil springs is a layer of padding so that you don’t feel any of the springs once you lay down.
In order for the mattress to last for a long time, each individual spring needs to be enclosed. If not, the coils will pop out through the padding after a while. Quality of such beds is determined by the number of coils on the springs.
- These mattresses are very easy to find.
- Inner spring mattresses are not pricey and are affordable to almost everyone.
- These are also the most comfortable, judging by the number of complaints per each type of mattress.
- This type of mattress generally doesn’t last long. The padding gets compressed and you start to feel the springs
- This mattress is best for single beds. If the bed is shared by two people, one person’s movement will disturb the other person.
Latex mattresses are the easiest to make. This is because they are made of 100% latex, from the core to the outer layers. Some are usually made from synthetic materials but the end product is mostly the same.
- They are very durable and can last up to 15 years.
- They relieve pressure points and reduce lower back pains.
- For those who are sensitive to smells, the one made from completely natural latex gives off no odor because no chemicals are used during manufacturing.
- It has excellent motion isolation whereby you won’t notice if another person rolls over or moves.
- It is expensive, especially the ones made from natural latex.
- Some people complain that the mattresses are too firm and hard for their bodies.
Memory foam mattresses
These mattresses are made of different layers of foam with different densities arranged on top of each other in layers. This type comes in a wide range of sizes and thickness from 2-8 inches. They are known for comfort because they conform to the shape of your body.
- With this type of mattress, you can have your own custom design made to your specifications.
- It reduces spinal pressure because it completely takes the shape of your body.
- It also reduces pains in pressure points throughout the body, making you feel better every time you wake up.
- The motion isolation capability on this type of mattress is excellent.
- It is sensitive to temperature and becomes too soft when warmth increases.
- They are not so durable and may need replacement after 7 years of use.
Many people confuse these with the blow-up mattresses you carry around when camping. These ones are made of chambers that are filled with air and covered by a foam layer on top. The design may vary with the manufacturer. Some may put lots of tiny chambers while others may put few large ones.
- It is praised by many for adjustable characteristics. You can choose to let out some air to make it softer, or add air to make it firmer.
- They are the best for patients and are very convenient to the owner.
- They are easier to move or store as compared to other types.
- They are very delicate and should be handled with care.
- It is hard to find a good one since most of them are poor quality.
Personally, I would prefer the memory foam and then latex, and then air mattresses. But in the end, don’t look for the cheapest item and expect quality. A mattress is important and I, for one wouldn’t mind spending more for better comfort.